My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Friday, June 19, 2009

artist statement

I've asked the question about writing an artist statement on a few of my favorite NINGs before. I don't remember getting that detailed an answer. But in skimming to blogs over at Art From The Heart I saw someone else asking the same. They got a very detailed set of questions.



1.Why do you create art?

2. How does creating art make you feel?

3. what emotions do you want delivered threw your art?

4. who inspires you and how is this reflected in your art?

5. What message are you trying to bring to the viewer?

6. how much time do you spend on your art work?

7. how is your work a reflection of you?

8. What is your vision or philosophy?



Most of them, yeah, I think they'd make a great part of an artist statement. Not sure about question number 6. I don't think that matters. But the rest are good and I plan on answering them. Umm, eventually. :)

1 comment:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

I agree with you. Question 6 is irrelevant but the others are really good!