My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Friday, July 9, 2010

She hears the songbird sing deep within her soul...

Cleaning out our barn last weekend, preparing for this weekends Barn Lowering, I stumbled upon a few finds. Among them some cool rusty bits of metal (perfect for future assemblage projects), an empty keg barrel (aka my future fountain in our Zen Garden), broken metal fan blades (also to be part of the fountain, forming an industrial whirligig), a Big Wheel wheel (I don't know what this will become but I NEED it!!!) and lastly several beautiful pieces of birch plywood, all square, all in various sizes.

I seized on the birch right away. I selected one which was about 2 feet square and started painting. At first I didn't know what I would end up with. But as I painted and added more media's I came up with the below image. I'm quite happy with her.

No comments: