My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three Jewels

I felt inspired to make a cuff regarding the Three Jewels. I've been wanting to try my hand at fabric cuffs for a while. Last week, while on staycation, I decided to jump in.

The Three Jewels in Buddhism are The Buddha, The Dharma and The Sangha.

The Buddha or the Buddha nature—the ideal or highest spiritual potential that exists within all beings.
The Dharma - the teachings of the Buddha.
The Sangha - the Buddhist community.

I went with muted colors. I love bright colors, in my paintings and home decor. But for dress I like the look of faded laces and earthy neutrals the best. I embellished the cuff with a variety of laces, stamped muslin, pearls of various sizes and shapes and a big wooden button. At first I wondered "should I only add 3 beads?" But I nixed that thought pretty quickly. The jewels are the concepts, not the beads.




2 comments:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

So pretty, I love it!

meyerprints said...

For all art and old print lovers,
Whether it is for decorating your interior, for a gift or simply for your own delight, you might want to check these few images by visiting our site at Meyer Antique Prints. Thank You!

Amateurs d'art et de gravures anciennes,
que se soit dans le but de décorer votre intérieur, de faire un cadeau ou de tout simplement vous faire plaisir, nous pensons que vous devriez regarder ces quelques images. en visitant notre site Meyer Antique Prints. Je vous remercie!



Disclaimer: If we have offended you by sending this to you by mistake, we apologize. Please reply 'NO' or 'Unsubscribe' to this email if not interested, so that we shall add you to our 'Do Not Contact Again' list.