My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh Deer

I did both of these a few weeks ago. But as they were presents I didn't want to post them too early (and ruin the surprise). I'm happy with them both.


acrylics on canvas; this one is done very much in the style of my most recent canvas' though a lot less folk art and a little more graphic. But I like it. I struggled with the background for a long time. It went from light green to pink to yellow. Then I put a burnt umber wash with fluid acrylics and suddenly it worked!



This one was a total experiment (as I'm likely to do in the studio lol OFTEN!) It's made from found object (the plastic deer) covered in joint compound. I then did several washes in various colors of fluid acrylics. I like the simplicity of this one. I think it works.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Cool pieces! I love the 3-dimensional deer. :) You'll have to show me how to do that one on one of our art days.

Joy

heather noye said...

Definitely!!!! I got the idea from the Stephanie Lee/Judy Wise book I showed you. Only I didn't follow their instructions. I hardly ever follow instructions. Lol