My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Friday, May 6, 2011

Art & Soul Va 2011 - part 1




Wow.

Wow!!!

Wowowowowow!

Not much more i can say. I had a wonderful time at Art and Soul. I took 6 classes during the 5 day event. And damn was i exhausted. But would i go and take less classes? No, i don't think i would.

I went with my best friend Joy and we decided to take all the same classes. Some classes where ones we both wanted to take. Some geared more towards her and her art; some geared more towards me. But i learned something in every class. A real win-win situation.

Day 1 was A Fluid Romance taught by Kari McKnight. This was working with fluid acrylics; a completely new medium to me. But i really enjoyed them. I like the workability of the medium. I also discovered The Bestest of all The Mediums: matte medium.

We painted a background and then added collage elements to our canvas. I added both vintage photos and a photocopy of one of my sketches. Last i embellished with thermofoil.

Its different from my usual style but i like it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Thanks for sharing! Let's see... what shall I ask for next? ;-)

Theresa said...

I didn't get to see this in Virgina. Boy did you come home with some real treasures.