My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fallen

I can't believe I never posted this. I completed this one... hmmm.... 3 months ago maybe? This is one where I really fell in love with the process. In fact I loved making the wings so much I've gotten a series in mind which revolves specifically around wings. I LOVE wings. If i could get away with it (and convince everyone i really was a fae) I'd wear wings 24/7!!!


Here's my Fae with her crown; half of a vintage belt buckle. Doesn't she look pissed?


A close-up of her wings. I built the skeleton of the wings from wire and then skinned them in used tea bags. Tea bags are my very favorite kind of paper to use in art projects. They are excellent in taking color from acrylics (paint or inks), watercolors or even gouache. But even without color they're just beautiful in their natural tea-stained state.


She has a shriveled peach pit for a heart. No wonder she's pissed!


The piece in it's entirety.

1 comment:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Awesome! It's always such a pleasure to get a peek at your work!