My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello Art

To look at my blog you would think I haven't done anything creative in a while. That's actually far from the truth. I've been extremely busy in the studio. The problem was most everything I worked on was meant to be a Christmas present. So I couldn't post it for fear of ruining several surprises.

But I did take pictures.

Oh yes... the pictures. Well, let me tell you a little story. I've gotten very good at documenting my creative process. I enjoy posting things on my blog so I always make sure to have several pictures of both the work-in-progress and the finished item.

This Christmas I really tried to stay on top of things. So as I finished projects I photographed them, wrapped them and packed them up and shipped them off. Then 2 days before Christmas my 3 year old Droid (cell phone) decided to become a paperweight. I went and got a new phone; an iPhone 4 which I really really love.

The problem? They couldn't get my pictures transferred from the Droid to the iPhone. They're still on the Droid but I have to buy a cable to download the photos. le sigh...



Remember me? This piece was done for a Round Robin Journal I worked on. I really liked it and thought it would be good to do on canvas.



So here she is on canvas. I don't really dig her. I guess I should have stuck with the original pallet (which I like much better). I also didn't exactly capture the same look in the face as my 1st drawing for the journal

1 comment:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Shame about the (temporarily, hopefully) lost pictures - but sounds like your new phone is awesome!

BTW - I think they're both cute!