My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

sneak peak from @arthouse Sketchbook Project

I finished my sketchbook for the Art House Co-op/Brooklyn Art Library. And I'm SO HAPPY with it! I really departed from style and made it much more illustration-ish. But I feel like it's very successful. It will be so cool going to the exhibit... or as they like to call it, World Tour. The exhibit will be in Atlanta August 29th thru September 1st. It will also go to Toronto, Los Angeles and Portland Maine (to just name a few).

My theme is I remember you. I choose to tell little stories of people I remember thru my lifetime. Some are funny. Some are sad. Some are rather embarrassing. But it was actually quite cathartic to get them out like this.

I had the whole book scanned and will eventually post the whole book. But for the moment here is a sneak peak.





4 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks Great!

Unknown said...

I'm super excited you'll be joining me in Virginia Beach! it's going to be great.

aimee said...

great journal pages! love 'em -- especially the school bus!

heather noye said...

Thanks to all! It's been a fun project. I've been involved for the past 2 years and have signed up for the Sketchbook publication project coming out next year.