My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Friday, June 24, 2011

CSA love


I'm loving our CSA. Only 3 weeks into it (with 4 deliveries) and I've tried many new recipes.

Our first week (actually the week before our start date) we got cherries. I made cherry garcia ice cream.

The first and second weeks we got zucchini and squash. I made 6 loafs of zucchini bread and then froze the rest of the zucchini and all the squash to use later in the year.

Last night I got the third weeks delivery. Now that the weathers been better we're starting to get a little more variety. We still got zucchini and squash. But we also got cucumbers, radishes, snap beans, mint, parsley, blue berries and one lone unknown kind of pepper.

This weekend I'm making lasagna with zucchini. But I also found a recipe for zucchini parmasian that looks like a wonderful side dish. I'm going to give that a try as well.

Now to figure out what to do with the blue berries. Sorbet?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

3 comments:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Blueberry muffins? Blueberry pancakes? What's your recipe for zucchini bread? Can you share?

heather noye said...

Andree - we made blueberry ice cream :) it came out great!!!

and here's the recipe i use for zucchini bread. it's so good and super easy: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/moms-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Yummy, thanks for the link!