My photo
North Georgia Mountains
sculptor, painter, mixed media artist

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Noyeovia work in progress

I started this painting months ago and then lost interest. To be exact the painting itself became uninteresting.

The last couple weeks I've been thinking about it again. And I felt I wanted to add some 'painting with paper' collage elements to the skirt.

This morning I decided to go one step further and collage the whole background. Here's my paper, painted with pearl violet gouache, lame' black diamond gouache, pale violet acrylics, burnt umber acrylics and a touch of gesso.

I'm going to let this dry today and work on the painting tonight. Right now we're getting ready to put the top down on the convertible and go drive around the mountains, looking for a little trail magic.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments: